Korean Wiki Project:Current Projects
A page for the current major editing projects happening on this site.
Hanja page format revisions (March 2010)
The purpose of this current project is to:
Add all hanja characters to their respective pages (Pages on Category:Chinese Roots).
- Change the old format to the new format.
- Add definitions and the Korean names of each character (phase 2).
- Add images for all hanja characters.
If you would like to be a part of this editing project (requires no Korean knowledge), please sign your name below by clicking on the button on the toolbar (click the edit tab at the top of the page to edit this page after logging in).
- --DigitalSoju 04:55, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- --Ikzelf 15:56, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- --Galinaros 23:04, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- --Martanor 23:47, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- --Teochewiness 22:18, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
[I won't be able to do this for a while though, but if you still need me once I'm available, I'm all over the Photoshop business.]
- Eternal3lade has joined our team. He will be making the images for the pages. Welcome!
Phase 1 will be adding all hanja characters, applying the new hanja template, formatting and moving information. To see the difference from the current format to the old format, please see the pictures on the right.
- Old format links to the Korean page, i.e. 착각 <錯覺>
- New format links to the Hanja character's page, NOT linked by the Korean letters: 착각 <錯覺>. Note if you see '-' or '-' it means it's NOT a hanja character, so don't link it. For example: 육개장 <肉-醬>.개 is not a hanja character.
- New format: No capitalization after the dash, unless necessary.
- New format: First word of the hanja character's definition is capitalized (after the colon).
Use this script made by Ikzelf instead of manually removing and adding brackets:
To be announced
For those who are going to use photoshop, you will simply create hanja characters that are missing and upload them. You will need to have Korean installed on your system, as well as these two files:
- Basic template PDF: Hanja template.psd
- You will need to use this font: HYhaeseo.zip
- Just copy and paste any missing characters you see into the psd file
- Center the image
- Save as .png format
- Upload. You can also try using the multiple file uploader: Special:MultipleUpload
- Save in the category: Hanja characters by typing [[Category:Hanja characters]]
- After uploading, hit back on your browser and reupload other files, you shouldn't need to type in the category again, it should still be there.
If you have questions, go to the discussions page: