Needs translation into Korean before putting it onto the main page:
In order to make a great Korean wiki, we need great Korean editors first. There are many ways to contribute to this wiki. For sections that need urgent attention, please check the community portal. For contributing in general, see the sections below.
If you have an idea on how to contribute that isn't listed below, feel free to just add your own content. The stuff below is only a guideline, there are many good ideas out there and we surely didn't list them all.
The problem with many Korean books are they give unnatural sentences, or sentence most real Koreans wouldn't use. This site strives to teach people 'real Korean' so we prefer only native Korean speakers make sentence examples on this site.
- We need sentences for various sections, including 문법, 속담, 속어(slang). For a list of pages that need more sentence examples, see the section: incomplete examples.
- The 한자 section needs many more examples, visit any page on the Chinese roots page and add words.
- Also remove any words that be outdated and not used anymore (if you see any).
Do you have a camera that takes high quality pictures?
- We need pictures that are beneficial to learning Korean or measuring one's ability in Korean. It can be anything, from traffic signs, to subway signs, to anything that can go on the vocabulary pages.
- Some of the pictures on this website were taken on a camera phone, if you have a higher quality one, upload a new version of that image. See the category camera phone images to see which pictures need to be replaced with a higher quality image.
- We need pictures of 한자 in use for our hanja vocabulary pages. If you see anything with hanja in use, please take a picture of it and upload it.
For examples see: Images and photos
Audio and recording
Do you have a digital audio recorder or any device that can record audio? We are looking for people to:
- Record telephone messages, for example check this page: Phone and calling
- Record phone calls while ordering delivery (native speaker preferred). Of course before uploading, please edit out your real address and credit card number if you used one while order. See: Ordering delivery
- Record unique subway announcements, to see which ones are already up see: Subway announcements.
- Record any announcements from the bus.
- Record any kind of announcement in public that many people might hear on a daily basis and would benefit learners of Korean (i.e. at the ATM machine, see this example).
- Some of the audio on this site needs the background noise filtered out (i.e. subway announcements), if you know how to do this, please contact Bluesoju.
Are you from outside of Seoul?
- We need help on our 사투리 section! Currently the pages are unorganized because we need help knowing if:
- the words on the page are correct
- they are unique to a certain region (for example it's used mostly 경상남도 but not 경상북도).
- if it's becoming outdated or only used my older people.
- We also need audio recordings of certain phrases so people can hear the difference in dialects.
Artist or graphic designer
- Are you an artist or graphic designer? We need custom pictures for the vocabulary section. Many vocabulary textbooks come with pictures, so we'd like something similar for our pages, i.e. a human body label in Korean.
- Create anything that might make this website look more aesthetically pleasing.
- (example picture coming soon)
- We need people to post the lyrics for the latest popular songs in the music section.