Category talk:Grammar Pattern
I think it'd be nice to have a section where we can ask for help or clearance on some grammar, for example currently I want to ask what is the difference between:
Just don't know what section to put it in, any ideas? --Bluesoju 12:50, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Suggestions (Please add any)
- Past tense
- 았/었 + 었다
- 고 싶다
- Command and Negation
- 하지 말다
- N대로 /V는대로
- V + 지만
- Plain Form + 다고 (하다)
- 아/어 도
- N+(으)로 인해(서)
- 때문에 / 기에
- 는 동안
- 달라고 하다
- 려고 하다
- (제발) V세요
We should probably start creating categories to help people easily fine forms. For example, we could have a 'want' category which has all the verbs that mean that. --Mstrum 17:50, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Just another thought, maybe we can create redirects so we can reference these forms more easily. For example, we could create 할래 and 할래요 to redirect back to V + (으)ㄹ래요. We could standardize on using 하다 to create the easy redirects. --Mstrum 17:53, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- I have already made categories such as but, because, non final endings, etc for this kinda of stuff. Check the categories section. If you want to make it a subcategory, i think the pages need to be in both categories so the user can look for it in the grammar pattern category because he likely doesn't know the meaning of the pattern which is why they are finding it
Also i'm not sure about the 할래 stuff, while it is a bit intriguing cuz the user might not know the full form of the grammar and just type that. However it would have to be done with every grammar pattern and that's time consuming. The next time is there is likely going to be a 할래 example or a 하다 example on the page, so it would appear on the search result anyway. --Bluesoju 00:49, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- Add language translation to the button
- Table for conjugation rule?
- Colored tables ?
- Cases for past tense, present tense, future tense if the cases are different
Hey, I just installed a nice extension where you can replace any text across the entire wiki. That'll really help for changing names of things like categories that are found on a lot of pages. There's two mass replaces I would like to do. First, I would like to switch Category:Grammar Pattern to simply be Category:Grammar. Also, I'm planning on changing Category:Chinese Roots to be Category:Chinese roots. I just feel like it'll be better to have a simpler name for grammar and that the Chinese roots name needs to be changed since we've standardized on lower case letters after the first word. Any objections?
If you need to do any replacing, Definitely check out Special:ReplaceText. Please be careful, it does give you a message after the first page to tell you what will change.
- Yeah it would be a good idea to change that, let's go with full lower case for all the categories. I was also thinking of making a fake categories page where we manually link the stuff so we have it the way we want. Some of the grammar patterns you added above are already listed in the wiki, but the search is so crappy it might not find them. --Bluesoju 13:53, 19 July 2009 (UTC)