아/어 + 서
From Korean Wiki Project
(Redirected from A/V + 아/어 + 서)
Adjective/Verb + 아 / 어 /여 + 서 : This pattern has three typical usages.
- To show one clause is the reason for the second clause. In English, it is typically translated to so or because.
- This pattern must
- This pattern can also be used as a polite ending.
- Also can be used to mean "and." (add later on seperate page)
- Cannot be used with the past tense.
For Conjugation rules, see the basic conjugation for 아/어/여. Some basic examples:
- 가다 → 가서
- 오다 → 와서
- 먹다 → 먹어서
- 가르치다 → 가르쳐서
- 모르다 → 몰라서 (irregular 르 verb)
- 듣다→ 들어서 (irregular ㄷ verb)
|오늘 하루 종일 수업이 있어서 정말 피곤해요.||Today I had class all day, so I'm really tired.||Polite informal ending|
|내 여자 친구가 요즘 바빠서 못 만났어.||My girlfriend has been busy lately, so I haven't been able to meet her.||Low form (반말)|
| 배고 파요?"
"아니요. 아까 저녁을 먹어서 배가 안 고파요.
| Are you hungry?"
"No, I just ate, so I'm not hungry."
|Polite informal ending|
|너무 슬퍼서 울었어.||I was so sad, so I cried.||Low form (반말)|
|졸려서 자러 갈거예요.||I'm sleepy, so I'm going to bed.||Polite informal ending|
|아파서 누워있어.||I'm sick, so I'm in the bed.||Low form (반말)|
|그 여자가 너무 예뻐서 폰번호를 물어봤어.||She was gorgeous, so I asked for her number.||Low form (반말)|
|그 컴퓨터는 너무 비싸서 못샀습니다.||The computer was too expensive, so I couldn't buy it.||Polite formal ending|
|어제 밤에 술을 너무 많이 마셔서 필름이 끊겼어.||I drank too much last night, so i blacked out.||Low form (반말)|
|그분이 자리에 안계셔서 메시지를 남겼습니다.||He was not in there, so I left a message||Polite form|
- Special pronunciation rule?
- Related topic or grammar