Difference between revisions of "ㄴ/는 + 다면서요"
From Korean Wiki Project
m (Text replace - 'Grammar Pattern' to 'Grammar')
m (Text replace - "SNU Level 4 Grammar" to "SNU level 4 grammar")
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
*[[N + (이)라면서]]
*[[N + (이)라면서]]
[[Category:SNU 4 |ㄴ]]
Revision as of 01:18, 25 April 2011
A/V + (으)ㄴ/는 + 다면서 : This grammar pattern is used in the following ways:
- To confirm something you've heard from another person or source and asking someone if it's true. Approximately equal to 'I heard that ... (is it true?)'
- When something is contrary to what someone previously said. Approximately equal to 'you said that...', 'I thought you were...' or 'I thought you said you were...' This can be used to criticize someone.
- You can drop the 요 at the end for the low form (반말).
- This is not to be confused for the grammar pattern A/V + (으)면서.
- The noun form is N + (이)라면서.
|Rule 1:|| Adjective + 다면서요
Verb + ㄴ다면서요
|If there is no 받침 or if the adj/verb stem ends with a ㄹ 받침|
|Rule 2:|| Adjective + 다면서요
Verb + 는다면서요
|If there is a 받침 at the end of the adj/verb stem|
|곧 결혼 한다면서요?||I heard you're getting married soon (is this true?)||Informal polite|
|서울에는 지금 눈이 많이 온다면서?||I heard that it's snowing a lot in Seoul (is this true?)||low form (반말)|
|너 수술 했다면서?||I heard you had an operation (is this true?)||low form (반말)|
|너 아팠다면서?||I heard you were hurting (is this true?)||low form (반말)|
|철수씨, 승진했다면서요? 축하해요!||Hey Chul-su, I heard you got promoted right? Congratulations!||Informal polite|
|나한테 전화 한다면서! 왜 안했어?||I thought you said you were going to call me. Why didn't you?||low form (반말)|