(으)ㄴ 적이 있다
Verb+(으)ㄴ 적이 있다 : This pattern is equivalent to the phrase 'to have ~ before' and can also in the question form can mean 'have you ever ~ ?' It is often combined with the form V + 어/아/여 보다 to ask someone if they've ever tried something. The opposite pattern is V + (으)ㄴ 적이 없다.
Note that this construction expresses past tense through verb + (으)ㄴ. There is no need to change the main verb 있다/없다 to its past tense form.
- 보다 → 본 걱이 있다
- (Need some examples without 보다)
- 김치 먹어 본 적이 있어요? [Have you tried Kim-chi before?]
- 일본 가 본 적이 있어요? [Have you ever been to Japan?]
- 가: 제주도 처음 가요? [First time going to Jeju Island?]
- 나: 아니요, 가 본 적이 있어요. [No, I've gone (there) before]
snu level 2 pg 257