Difference between revisions of "(으)ㄹ 게요"
From Korean Wiki Project
m (Text replace - "SNU Level 1 Grammar" to "SNU level 1 grammar")
m (Text replace - "Consonant Assimilation" to "Consonant assimilation")
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
*Due to [[:Category:Consonant
*Due to [[:Category:Consonant |consonant assimilation]] rules, the ㄱ in 게 gets pronounced as '께.' See page ' [[ㄹ grammar + ㄱ, ㄷ, ㅂ, ㅅ, ㅈ]]' for an explanation on the rule.
Revision as of 01:20, 25 April 2011
Verb + (으)ㄹ 게요 : This pattern is used for the future tense. Even by native Korean speakers, the 게요 is often mispelled as 께요. This pattern has several restrictions, see the notes below.
- This pattern is restricted to first person usage.
- To make this the low form (반말) simply drop the 요 ending.
- This pattern can only be used as a statement and cannot be used as a question.
- This pattern must be used in a way to where the other person you are speaking to is somewhat related to the situation you are describing with the verb. "I" must be the subject of the action (though it is also acceptable for suggestions where it can also be "we"). See below:
- This pattern should be used when the action relates to the listener(s) directly or if it's for the listener(s)' sake.
- Due to consonant assimilation rules, the ㄱ in 게 gets pronounced as '께.' See page ' ㄹ grammar + ㄱ, ㄷ, ㅂ, ㅅ, ㅈ' for an explanation on the rule.
|Rule 1:||Verb + ㄹ 게요||If there is no 받침 or if the adj/verb stem ends with a ㄹ 받침|| 가다 → 갈 게요|
오다 → 올 게요
전화하다 → 전화할 게요
팔다 → 팔 게요
|Rule 2:||Verb + 을 게요||If there is a 받침 at the end of the adj/verb stem|| 먹다 → 먹을 게요|
받다 → 받을 게요
|나중에 전화 할게.||I'll call you later.||Low form (반말)|
|내 친구 소개시켜 줄게요.||I'll introduce my friend to you.||Informal polite|
|맥주 마시러 갈래? 내가 살게.||Do you wanna go grab a beer? It's on me.||Low form (반말)|
|가방 들어 줄게요.||Let me give you a hand with your luggage.||Informal polite|
|기다릴게.||I'm waiting for you.||Low form (반말)|
|확인해 볼게요.||Let me check.||Informal polite|
|미안해. 다시는 안 늦을게.||Sorry, I'll never be late again||Low form (반말)|
|다시는 안 그럴게요.||I'll never do that again.||Informal polite|
|내가 먼저 씻을게.||I'll take a shower before you.||Low form (반말)|
|죄송합니다만, 길 좀 물어볼게요.||Excuse me but can I ask you for directions?||Informal polite|
- Sometimes when speaking or text messaging, people say "하께" instead of "할께".