From Korean Wiki Project
Revision as of 14:33, 20 March 2009 by DigitalSoju
Vocabulary related to drinking alcohol.
- 술 - liquor.
- 안주 - side dish you must order when drinking.
- 대리 운전 - Designated driving. In Korea there are businesses that will drive your car home for you if you are too drunk. 대리 means to act in place of, while 운전 means to driving.
- 알딸딸 - slang for being buzzed or tipsy.
- 취하다 - to get drunk.
- 취했다 - to be drunk.
- 건배 - cheers, a toast.
- 음주운전 - drunk driving
- 술자리 - a drinking party, drinking event, a banquet.
- 해롱해로 (spelling?) - slang for drunk(?)
- 따르다 - to pour
음주(하다) - drinking, to have a drink.
Types of Alcohol
- 맥주 - Beer
- 소주 - traditional Korean vodka.
Koreans often start drinking at one place, then move to another place.
- 일차 - First round
- 이차 - Second round
- 삼차 - Third round