Difference between revisions of "Internet and text messaging"
m (→Shortened words)
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Revision as of 09:35, 1 September 2009
terms used on the internet, emoticons, internet slang etc
- ㅋ- Noise used for laughter, the more ㅋ's the more the person is laughing.
- ㅋㄷ - 키득키득, another way to write the sound of laughter
- ㅎ- Noise used for laughter, the more ㅎ's the more the person is laughing.
- ㅜㅜ /ㅠㅠ - Tears
- ^^ - Happy eyes
- .\/. - Angry eyes
- OTL - Shape of a person crying on the floor
- *_____* - Smiling face
- ▶◀ - Used for when someone died (what is it supposed to be?)
|Shortened form||Real word||Comment|
|ㅇㅇ||응||Positive response, low form of 네 (yes).|
|ㄳ / ㄱㅅ||감사합니다||Thank you|
|방가||방가워요||Nice to meet you|
|ㅅㅂ||씨발||A strong korean curse word|
|올만이네||오랜만이네||Long time no see.|
|짱나||짜증 나||Expression you use when something or someone is annoying|
|글쿠나 / 글구나||그렇구나||(Ah) I see!|
Text Message Style
Since many young people are so used to typing text messages in a different way, typing proper Korean can sometimes make the person sound serious or angry. Many young people use a style that is considered more cute.
- Using 모 or 머 instead of 뭐
- Using 조 instead of 줘
- 맞아 → 마자
- Saying 엉, 웅, 앙 instead of 응
- ~여, ~염, ~엽, ~욘, ~용 , ~효 = Substitutes for ~요 at the end of sentences
- ~셈 - Substitute for ~십시오 & ~세요
- ~삼, ~3 - Substitute for ~습니다 and 세요
- 소주 주세요 → 소주 주삼
- Adding ㅇ as the 받침 to words.
- 맞아 → 마장