Talk:Banking and investing
Jay - First thanks for recording. For some reason it won't recognize the file name, so I will fix it later. I think maybe that mp3 can't read Korean file names. --Bluesoju 11:46, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Nevermind I guess it works now. --Bluesoju 12:07, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
i changed file name in english, and removed some blanks. so now it works. --Jay shin
Request: Checking account and savings account. How do you say "open"(create) an account? --Bluesoju 01:26, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- open an account
- =통장을 만들다
- =통장을 개설하다
- =계좌를 개설하다
I think.. there is no checking account in korea. I don't know well about checking account and savings accont.
- 보통예금(보통예금통장): general account. you can get a debit card. low interest. you can withdraw and deposit anytime.
- 적금(적금통장):high interest. you can't withdaw before the termination of an agreement. if you want to withdaw some money, you have to close the account.
- A checking account is linked to the debit card and the account the person pulls money out from.
- A savings account is used to save money, usually requires a minimum amount and a minimum amount of money must always be in there unless you close the account.
Q: what's the difference between "to wire money" and "to remit money"? --Jay shin
- I guess maybe it's the same? But we mostly say wire money. For example if I have my mom send me money eletronically through the bank, then she wired money to me --Bluesoju 12:23, 20 August 2009 (UTC)