From Korean Wiki Project
|존댓말 - Formal|
|반말 - Informal|
This is a work in progress. Go away. Currently collecting and compiling information...
- From Wikipedia: The highest six levels are generally grouped together as jondaetmal (존댓말), while the lowest level (haeche, 해체) is called banmal (반말) in Korean.
- Need to page through Using Korean and find the speech forms.
- Need to document examples of all these.
- Need to distinguish levels in examples used throughout grammar pages on this wiki. Need appropriate linking.
- Need to compose tree structure of speech levels:
- For example, 존댓말 supposedly contains 6 levels within it. What are these levels?
- (to be extended)
- Possibly irrelevant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_honorifics
Levels of speech (말체)
(Table stolen from another page ^^ )