Korean Wiki Project talk:Current Projects
From Korean Wiki Project
Revision as of 00:57, 14 May 2010 by Ikzelf
- Old discussion for phase 1: Korean_Wiki_Project_talk:Current_Projects/phase1
Discussion on what we'd like to get done for phase 2. Please add your ideas below:
- Extend the hanja template to have an optional parameter for linking to related characters, for example 水(수 - water) can link to 氷(빙 - ice).
- It'd be nice to have some kind of page where you input a word, and it will put it on all the pages that have the word instead of having to add it manually to each page. For example 입구 <入口> would be added for pages of 입 and 구. This would probably require a bot and more research needs to be done: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Creating_a_bot
- In this case it may be useful to have a central place where these words can be added (maybe somewhere in the vocabulary section?). After being added the words can then automatically be distributed over the hanja. Just thinking out loud, as it may be hard to maintain if every change to a definition will have to be replicated at numerous places --Ikzelf 22:56, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- A script to extract Korean names for each character, probably from naver. By Korean name for the character I mean like 日 is called "날 일" to distinguish it from 一 (한 일).
- A script to extract missing definitions for each character, probably from wiktionary.
- I think Wiktionary uses CC by-sa, while KWP uses by-nc-sa. I think these licenses are incompatible? If we would use Wiktionary, would it be an option to put the Hanja pages under by-sa? --Ikzelf 22:56, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- A script that will parse the level 0 - level 8 hanja pages into a nice format.
- Anki deck cards related to learning hanja
- Great idea, I would love to have such cards --Ikzelf 22:56, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
|Meaning:||Name of character:|
|Additional info: |
|Click on the pictures to enlarge:|